Friday, February 5, 2010

Trying to be money friendly Super Bowl Weekend...


That is right! It's that time of year again, Superbowl weekend. Chris and I love football. I am a HUGE Broncos fan and he likes the Patriots (Ew!). We actually spent our 1st anniversary at a Monday night football game. Broncos vs Partiots in New England. Although my team got SMASHED, it was one of my favorite things my husband and I have ever done.
We have a really awesome friend named Mark. When it is football season or LOST season, he is at our house weekly. He is really a great friend, was a groomsmen in our wedding and just someone you love to be around. Well, we invited him over last week for the Superbowl. Well seeing that we are trying to get money smart, I was just thinking... "We can't go crazy and spend a mess of money on food.. WTF am I going to do?"
So I got to thinking... And came up with a plan.
1. I am going to make wings. They are really in-expensive and I know I can master them.
2. I got 2 cases of Sam Adams for Christmas that is still in the garage! SCORE!
3. We have chips and dips in the closet from our last shopping excursion!
I am thinking maybe I will pick up burgers just so we have something for dinner. So all in all we will not be spending any crazy money, we will still be with our friends, and we can root for the team... GO COLTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment