Monday, February 8, 2010


Well it is officially been declared. My husband I have decided we need to totally work on paying off our credit cards. I don't mean just paying them down and putting things back on them. I mean paying them off and cutting them up, and forgetting they even existed. We have been trying to do this for about 5 years and have gotten some accomplished, but nothing I am too proud of.

So we decided "snowballing" our debt was the best way for us. I know what you are thinking, "what the hell is snowballing?" Well I will give you a brief description. You pay the minimums on all of your cards except the one with the lowest balance or highest interest rate (which ever you prefer). You apply as much as you can to that credit card to pay it off the fastest. When that one is paid off, you apply the funds that would have gone to the card you just paid off PLUS whatever you can on that card and so on, until they are all paid off.

We are thinking we should have our credit cards and cars paid off in 3 years. I would love to be debt free before I am 30. We are going to stick to this as much as we can. I think we can do it... It is going to take time and discipline, but I think if we see the light at the end of this tunnel, we can do it!!

Here's to being debt free in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment